So, you have made changes to your personal lifestyle to make our Mother Earth a cleaner place to live. But what about your pets Eco-Paw Print? They share this planet with us. You should make sound choices to help our furry friends “Go Green”.
Here are a few suggestions to get started.
- Use alternative forms of kitty litter made from recycled materials. Newspaper, pine shavings and commercial litter made from wheat are all good alternatives. (See my post Cat Litter Alternatives)
- Use biodegradable poopbags for your dogs daily walks.
- Feed a natural food made from sources raised without growth hormones or antibiotics. Look for foods that contain no animal byproducts or rendered meats. Feeding a balanced raw diet that includes meat and bones is a very good option. I actually do a combination of raw meaty bones and Flint River Ranch kibble.
- Find grooming products that are eco-friendly, made without phosphates, sulfates and other harmful unhealthy chemicals.
- Use all natural cleaning products that are free of toxic materials. Good choices might include: castile soap, vinegar and/or Grapefruit Seed Extract.
- Buy eco-friendly pet toys made from organic or recycled materials.
- Seek out natural holistic alternatives to treating your pet if he gets sick. Find a veterinarian that practices alternative medicine.
Having a pet is a lifelong commitment.
It’s up to you to make your pets’ lifestyle naturally healthy.